Friday, February 18, 2011

For Latin Students: Latin Declension Quiz Program

Being a student of the Latin language, the language of Holy Mother the Church, I am always looking for opportunities to improve my knowledge, especially in terms of grammar.

For memorizing the five declension I highly recommend Dowling's Wheel (found here). That, and plain old fashion rote memorization, will lead to the noun endings being ground into one's head sooner or later.

However, after memorizing the declension endings, I needed something that would help me retain what I had learned and, at the same time, improve the grasp that I had on each ending for each declension. So, I decided to program a simple PC application that would pick a random case and declension and quiz me for the answer.

You can download the program here.

Also, make sure you have the latest .Net frameworks installed on your computer. You can find them here or run Windows Update.

Make sure to message me or leave a comment if you are having trouble or if you find a bug or something.

No comments: